Sunday, February 26, 2006

STOP CALLING ME!

The following is a copy of an email I sent this morning to a home loan company (I've marked out all indenitifying information, and replaced my name with Zen Angel):


Dear Sir/Madam:


My name is Zen Angel. For the past several months, persons from your business have been calling my home up to four times a week or more. They are searching for someone named Andrew XXXX. As I have explained numerous times, we do not know anyone by this name. We do not know how your company obtained our telephone number, but we have no connection to anyone with the name of Andrew XXXX.

I have asked representatives of your company repeatedly to put us on your "do not call" list. I have asked that a notation be made that this is clearly the wrong phone number for Andrew XXXX. Despite this, the calls continue, sometimes the very day after a representative assured me no more calls would be forthcoming.

On Feb. 24, I received yet another call from your company, searching for Andrew XXXX. I once again informed the caller that NO ONE by that name lives here, nor do we know of anyone by that name. I then forcefully said, STOP CALLING ME.

Your representative callde me back two more times in the next five minutes, and proceeded to argue rudely with my child-care provider, calling me a "maniac," insisting that we did in fact know Andrew XXXX and then saying (most ironically) that "all she had to do was tell us politely." Had that been the case, this call would never have taken place at all!

This entire situation is unacceptable. I understand from your website that you are a home loan company. Our home in not owned by anyone named Andrew XXXX. Our telephone number is listed under my name, with the address of our home, which we rent. We have never taken out a home loan, nor are we currently in the market for such. We have had this telephone number for many years. It does not belong to Andrew XXXX, and to the best of my knowledge, it has never belonged to an Andrew XXXX.

I must request that these phone calls stop immediately. Believe me, were I to know the whereabouts of Mr. Andrew XXXX, I would be all to happy to let you have this information, as you are not the only company that has called in regards to him. You are, however, the only company that continues to call despite being informed that you have the wrong number and despite requests to be added to your "do not call" list. Yours is also the only company that has called me names or spoken rudely to my employee.

I am sending this letter via email and "snail" mail. If these calls persist, I will have no choice but to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and look into my legal options.

I wish you good luck in locating Mr. Andrew XXXX. He seems to have caused us both a great deal of trouble.


Sincerely,

Zen Angel

2 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger The Rainbow Zebra said...

You go girl!!!! I hope that ends it all for you, how annoying and rude!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger AGFH said...

Good luck!
My parents phonme is under my name. A collection agency is trying get money from someone with the same name as me except their middle name is different.
My mom gets calls at least 4 times a week if not more. She has done everything you have done, but they continue to call. It's ridiculous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home