More Kudos for Portland
Two food-related shout-outs for the Rose City:
The first, in the Best Burgers category:
1. All-American Drive-In -- Long Island, N.Y.
A famous and delicious "double double" for only $2.10? Fantastic!
2. Chris Madrid's -- San Antonio
Try the "Tostada Burger" with refried beans, chips, cheddar and salsa.
3. CityGrille -- Denver
Go high-end with a Steakburger, or local with a Buffaloburger.
4. Dick's Drive-In -- Seattle
It's all about their famous special sauce with zingy bits of pickle.
5. Goldyburgers -- Chicago
Serving 'em up hot, huge and cheesy since 1926
6. In-N-Out Burger -- Los Angeles
The perennial favorite also won in Vegas, OC and San Diego.
7. Jack's Old Fashion Hamburger -- South Florida
Hand-shaped, charbroiled perfection served up your way
8. O'Connell's Pub -- St. Louis
Juicy, charbroiled nine-ounce burgers for more than 40 years
9. Peter Luger -- New York
Prime dry-aged beef and signature steak sauce from a famed steak house
10. Roaring Fork -- Phoenix
Try the "Big-Ass Burger" stacked high with green chiles.
11. Stanich's -- Portland, Ore.
Try the amazing "Special" topped with a fried egg, ham, bacon and cheese.
12. Tessaro's -- Pittsburgh
Fresh meat ground daily in-house and flame-broiled on a hardwood grill
13. Thurman Cafe -- Columbus, Ohio
Thurman Burger = a 3/4 lb patty, ham, mozzarella and American Cheese
14. Val's Burgers -- San Francisco
You think you can handle the One-Pound Behemoth at Val's?
15. 96th St. Steakburgers -- Indianapolis
Perfection with ground steak cuts and buns grilled with mustard
And the second, in the Best Pancakes category:
1. Flying Biscuit Cafe -- Atlanta
Dreamy-good organic oatmeal 'cakes here may qualify as health food.
2. Camille's Restaurant -- Key West, Fla.
Pancakes drizzled with Godiva white chocolate sauce or tropical fruit
3. Briarpatch Restaurant -- Winter Park, Fla.
Think Hawaiian 'cakes with coconut, macadamia nuts and pineapple.
4. Griddle Cafe -- West Hollywood, Calif.
Catch young celebs ordering Kahlua buttermilk pancakes.
5. T.C. Eggington's -- Mesa, Ariz.
Go for the Brit-style 'Girdle Cakes' with extra-whipped honey butter.
6. Cameo Cafe West -- Portland, Ore.
Their ''full-acre'' blueberry pancakes spill off the rim of the plate.
7. Beach Grass Cafe -- South Solana Beach, Calif.
Dessert meets breakfast with a pineapple upside-down pancake.
8. Dottie's True Blue Cafe -- San Francisco
Get the house favorite: luscious blueberry cornmeal pancakes.
9. Norma's -- New York
Banana-macadamia nut flap jacks with banana-brown sugar butter
10. Pamela's -- Pittsburgh
Hubcap-sized strawberry flapjacks? Irresistible.
11. PJ's Pancake House -- Princeton, N.J.
Serving celebs like Brooke Shields and Harry Hamlin for four decades.
12. Sorella's -- Boston
Ginger's blueberry-hazelnut pancakes are worth the hour wait.
13. Magnolia Pancake Haus -- San Antonio
Pfannekuchen proves Germans (even those from Texas) know pancakes.
14. Melange -- St. Louis
Dutch Baby: Egg-rich batter + fresh berries = oven-puffed perfection.
15. Al's Breakfast -- Minneapolis
Legendary 'cakes with sour cream, served up in a 12-seat diner.