Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter 2006







I want to wish everyone who celebrates a Happy Easter!



It's not been too happy here at the Zen Angel house. I was up all night in pain, and I'm not the most pleasant person to be around right now. We had a hectic week, and were planning on dying eggs today...only to find out that my husband bought the wrong kits. The kind he bought were Easter decorating kits, not coloring kits. You know, the kind that require plastic gloves and sponges? Now tell me...how am I supposed to get a 2-year-old to do THAT? Not to mention the fact that the 9-year-old hates plastic gloves and won't wear them. So the kits are basically useless. The kicker? I can't take them back or even give them away, because while I was trying to catch a catnap on the sofa, my son opened all three boxes for reasons unknown and scattered their innards here, there and everywhere. Sigh.

To make matters worse, there was a mishap at work and my husband had to go in. We had planned to go out to eat for the holiday, as I am in no condition to cook a big meal. Well, it's dinnertime, and my husband is still coping with the work situation. I have little in the house and no way to get to a store, so we have A) no way to dye eggs, and B) only TV dinners to eat to celebrate the most holy day on the Christian calendar. At this point, I wonder if anything will even be open by the time he gets back. Sigh again.


It's still (sort of) early, so hopefully things will start to turn around soon. I'm holding on to that. Why were holidays so much fun as kids and so much work as adults?


Happy Easter to everyone!

3 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

In times of need, colored markers can be substituted ....

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Pixie LaRouge said...

Oh honey! I hope it got better. My own weekend was... noisy. And not really in a good way. Holidays! The things that make us glad to grow up and move out ;)

Hope it was a blessed day, nonetheless.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger The Rainbow Zebra said...

((((Angel)))) I'm sorry, I wish I were closer, you know I would have dashed over to help!

We can't even do eggs, with my son's allergy. I think next year we might decorate plastic ones. I think one year we used stickers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home