Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Am I Blue?

A message to my father: remember when I first dyed my hair purple, and you freaked out, and told me that someday, I too would have a teenager and, like you, I'd freak out if they ever did something "that awful" to their hair?

YOU WERE WRONG!

Yesterday, I helped my 13-year-old son Phoenix dye his mohawk bright green. I, in turn, dyed my forelocks a dark blue. We had so much fun! He wanted a darker, more forest green color, but alas it ended up more day-glo than forest. Despite that, he actually likes the color and is thrilled by the new hairdo. He couldn't wait to call his best friend and tell her all about it.

I reminded him before he went to bed last night that not all parents would let him do that.

His response?

"Yeah, but you're a COOL mom."

Well, I'm blessed with a pretty cool kid. So I guess we both lucked out.

2 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Blogger Pixie LaRouge said...

What an awesome post! My mom still gives birth to a whole litter of kittens when I dye my hair anything other than strawberry blonde. No wonder she's been so weird for the last, ohhhh, four years. And you should have seen her face when she discovered I had *gasp* TWO holes in each earlobe.

Sorry I haven't been around as regularly. It's been... Well, it's being a year. Pheonix sounds like a great guy. And isn't personality so much more important than hairstyle???

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger The Rainbow Zebra said...

I figure, if dyeing their hair is the worst thing my kids are going to do, big deal! (And not saying I think it's bad)

My family thinks I'm odd for my Burgundy hair (I wish it was my natural color!)

The blue sounds pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home