Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Bad Baby Name #1: Was "Satan" Already Taken?

My dear bloggies, I enjoy baby names. When I learn that someone I know is pregnant, my first question is: "What are you naming the baby?" I'm just fascinated by what people choose to name their children. Personally, I prefer unusual (but not bizarre) names with personal meaning. I also love it when people name a baby for a beloved deceased family member...it's such a sweet way to honor that person in my opinion. I do love some traditional and Biblical names, and even a few of the trendy ones. But let's face it: there are some baby names that make you wonder "What the hell were those parents thinking?!?!?!?"

To that end, I offer a new column (so to speak) of my blog: Bad Baby Names. Feel free to comment; if you love the name, or agree with me that it's just awful. I hope you enjoy this column, either way.

Just a note: I am not, nor will I ever, attack a child. All babies are beautiful, all children deserving of love, respect and honor. All children are created equal....all baby names, however, aren't. Now, on to the show....




Today's Bad Baby Name:

Zhyan Demon

Now, I'm assuming the first name is pronounced like "Zion," I name I actually like. However, this cre8ive spelling is terrible. And the middle name? What on Earth were they thinking? Demon? Talk about giving a child a complex. I also found it funny that the father's nickname is "Pig." So we've got Pig and Demon here....now, I don't like to say that a name will gaurentee you teasing....but this one's a lock. It's also such a strange juxtaposition....Zhyan (Zion), being a place of Biblical triumph, and Demon being a creature of Biblical ire. It does, however, answer the age-old question: what would the child of Charlotte Church and Anton le Vey be named? Now we know.


I found this name here....I couldn't make this stuff up.

10 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

Standing in the Science fiction section of the local bookstore I overheard a couple discusing their baby "Ainikin" with a friend as they perused Dungeon and Dragons manuels. I had to run away so as to keep from asking, "How could you?" or laughing in their face.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger M said...

You should check out the site "Not Without My Handbag." She trolls baby name message boards to find gems. Some of the stuff is hilarious.

http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/index.html

Glad you stopped by, Angel!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Shy said...

i work as a data entry operator so i get to see a lot of names that should not be. the latest were Emmanuel Mylourd and Heavenly King.

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Angel Singer said...

Wow...those are some BAD names y'all shared with me! It's amazing, isn't it? And yes...I've been to the notwithoutmyhandbag site...I thought it was hilarious (even though all three of my kids' names are on it, lol).

 
At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger abraham said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Happy Mothers Day said...

Thane Court Marriage Certificate
Happy Mothers Day Message
Mothers Day Message
Happy Mothers day Songs 2016 From Toddlers
Cute Happy Mothers Day Wallpapers 2016 For Mom
Free Dp Happy Mothers Day HD Wallpapers 2016 For Whatsapp
Quote About Happy Mothers Day From Friends
Quote For Happy Mothers Day From Grand Relative

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger appu said...


RRB NTPC Result
RRB NTPC Admit Card
RRB NTPC 2016 Sylabus
RRB NTPC 2016
RRB NTPC Result
RRB NTPC Result 2016
SSC CGL Result 2016
Happy New Year 2017 Wishes
IBPS PO 2016 Result
GCSE Results 2016
SBI PO Result 2016
NEET 2016 Result
RRB Result
New Year 2017 Wallpaper
Good Morning Quotes
Merry Christmas wishes Christmas wishes
Happy Birthday Wishes
Happy Birthday Messages
Good Morning Quotes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home