Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Mama-Brag

I am going to mama-brag for a moment, and as a result I will no doubt embarrass my daughter, Serenity Singer. But I am her mother, and it's my prerogative. 

She reminds me so much of my own mother, whom I lost to breast cancer when Wren was just a toddler. She inherited my mom's gorgeous, dark green Irish eyes. Wren does exceed my mom's eyes in one aspect: the naturally dark, curly lashes she gets from her father. They remind me a bit of Elizabeth Taylor's. 

She also inherited my mother's elegant hands. When I was a child, I would watch my mom write and just be fascinated by her hands: long, graceful fingers and natural French-tip nails that many women would (and do) pay a small fortune for! I am so glad to get to see those hands again, in her granddaughter. 

But those are just the externals. Where my daughter really takes after my mother is in her nature: kind-hearted, a loyal friend, a sardonic sense of humor, a love of cats and books and tea. And above all, her sensitivity, her generosity, and her strong sense of empathy. 

Sometimes, it's like a piece of my mom remains here, in her granddaughter. And I am thankful to G-d for it. 



2 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger sri harsha said...




TS DSC 2017
Telangana DSC 2017
TS DSC Notification 2017
TS DSC Model Papers 2017
Sakshi TS DSC Model Papers 2017
Namasthe Telangana TS DSC Model Papers 2017
TS DSC District wise Vacancies list 2017

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Monty's Era said...

The beer selection at this place was great and rotates often. Everyone who works there makes you feel welcome. At event space San Francisco they remember your favorite drink and you will be glad to tweet about them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home