Thursday, April 21, 2016

Rest in Peace, Sweet Prince



Today, my all-time favorite musician, Prince, has died. I am heartbroken.

His music got me through so many tough times, and helped me celebrate so many great ones. 


He was my first concert, and part of my first tattoo (sadly covered up some years ago, as the work was appallingly bad; it's now under a sprig of morning glories). He will be part of the next one, as well. That much I know. 

Prince taught me that you can be comfortable with your sexuality, and still be a humble servant of the Lord. My favorite songs by him are "Anna Stasia" and "Erotic City," tunes that showcase those two parts of his personality well: the sexy lover, and the true believer. 

In a sad irony, his song "Sometimes It Snows in April" is the song I always play when I have lost a loved one.

Sometimes it snows in April...and today, it has.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home