Saturday, August 04, 2007

Feeling Sorry...For Predators?

A quote from an article in the 8/09/07 issue of "Rolling Stone" magazine, dealing with the "Dateline: To Catch a Predator" show:


"I searched for more than a hundred men busted by Perverted Justice (the group that aides the Dateline program) and found only eleven of them with listed numbers, all of whom were terrified---worried about being evicted from their homes, losing their jobs, even becoming targets of random violence...they were still worried about who was watching them...A divorced father of two started to weep: 'I love Dunkin' Donuts, but I won't go in anymore. I'm so scared of the first encounter with someone I know who has seen me on tv.'"


Am I the only one reading this and thinking, "Boo fucking hoo"?

3 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger The Rainbow Zebra said...

Yeah, no kidding!

Exposing them on national TV is too light of a punishment IMO.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Yeah, maybe they should have considered the consequences before they decided they wanted to fuck 14 yr olds. I don't like the Dateline people or their methods, but whatever.

P.S. thanks for commenting on my blog 3 years ago!

- D. Greene, audendi.com

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger The Local Crank said...

I'm not particularly sympathetic to these guys either, but Dateline engaged in such moronic, incompetent, headline-grabbing tactics (on-line stings have to be done in a certain manner in order to produce criminal cases that will hold up to scrutiny) that the District Attorney of Denton County here has refused to indict any of the cases. So their antics ended up meaning some pedophiles will completely escape punishment. At least until they really harm somebody's kid, that is. Nice job, MSM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home