Friday, October 21, 2005

Drowning in a Sea of Sneeze

I have a headcold.

I hate, hate, hate headcolds.

To make matters worse, the baby has it, too. So she's irritable and wants nothing more than to nurse constantly....from a mommie who doesn't want to be touched and wants only to sleep. Ah, well. Her cold is much milder than mine, and the nursing is probably responsible for that.

However....nursing means I can't really take anything for the cold, save Robo DM. And Robo does really nothing for me. I have only myself to blame for that, though. As a very young teenager, my friends and I used to slam Robo to get a buzz. We did so much Robo, in fact, that at one point my entire body felt saturated with it. The fluid in my eyeballs felt like it was made of Robo.

We even had a little "toast" we'd say before slamming it down: "Quit yer bitchin', quit yer fussin'', take a swig of Robitussin!"

It got old pretty damned quickly, as you can imagine.

In any event, I think my tolerance for Robo is probably up to a few gallons or more. So I'm stuck with cough drops, Breathe-Right strips and Vapo-Rub until this thing runs its course.

Run, headcold, run.....

Naturally, I have only a million or so things to do this week, and am now getting NONE of them accomplished. I still have to sort out the mess that is the new homeschool room, I have a new rug to lay down in Phoenix's room, I need to schedule my kids' annual physicals, and I have Campfire Girls with Wren tomorrow. Not to mention the fact that I was supposed to have another dental surgery that is now postponed thanks to this assault on my cranium. Why, oh, why do these things never happen when there's little or nothing to do?

I do have a two things of a happier nature to report: remember my post not too long ago, when I first spoke of the renovations in my house that gave me my dining room back? Well, we now have lots of free space in the kitchen. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what to put there when it came to me last night in one of those "D'oh! Why didn't I think of this sooner?" moments: I now have room for a dishwasher. Oh, happy day! I am so sick to death of washing dishes...in that one-sink deal we have in the kitchen. Ah, technology...save me from dishpan hands! Whirlpool, take me away!!!!

The second thing I have to look forward to is the annual Friends of the Library book sale in four short days! I go every year, and I freaking love it. Especially the 75% off day. I am a sucker for sales, and an even bigger sucker for books...so this is event is like the closest I get to having an orgasm with my clothes on.

Now, if only I could stop the river of snot, I'd be on cloud nine. Pass the Kleenex...

4 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The To-Do List
Published 2:15 am PDT Tuesday, October 18, 2005 BUY Baby, it's you It's almost Halloween and you haven't got a costume for the baby yet? What to do? A ghost? How boring.
I just got my web page up check it out I have more on free Thank You

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger The Rainbow Zebra said...

UGH I'm sorry, I hope you and the baby are feeling better soon!

WOOHOO on the dishwasher and the booksale :)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

A few gallons of Robo? Yetch. As a male, I was so broken-up when my wife became ill in her pregnancy. Neither of us were happy about the consequences.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Pixie LaRouge said...

ick. just a big, heartfelt "ick." get well fast. And i'm so jealous on the dishwasher :) and the book sale (because, yes, book sales are orgasmic)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home