Saturday, March 05, 2005

Weird eBay: Spirit Guide In Utero?

Now I really HAVE seen it all:

Ultrasound of American Indian Hero


Missed out on the tortilla shaped like the Virgin Mary? Never fear! For just $1, you can own this little piece of "authentic Native American" crappola.

From the description:

"When she finally learned who her Dad was, one of the things of interest she discovered was that he
was Micmac Indian, which of course makes my husband 25% Micmac. All his life he had heard how much he looked like an American Indian, but never knew just how accurate those
comments would turn out to be.

My husband was understandably curious about his heritage so started researching the Micmac. He especially liked reading about Glooscap, a figure in Micmac mythology. He is a hero to the Micmacs and legend has it he lived on the Blomidon Mountains in Newfoundland overlooking the Chignecto Bay.

Apparently he was briefly living in my tummy as well, because this ultrasound picture clearly shows him, along with our son Ryan. Talk about scaring the pants off me, when I saw this picture, I had no idea what I was looking at, and I was rather frightened. My husband recognized him immediately."


I don't know what to say, I really don't. Except maybe that there is a sucker---and a Pretindian---born every minute, it seems.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home