Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sorry...

Sorry about being MIA the last few days...the MS decided to rise up and kick my ass. I've spent most of the last 3 or 4 days in bed. Which used to be fun, ten or fifteen years ago.

I'm pretty much convinced at this point that it's the weather change. I keep a journal of my symptoms and how I'm feeling from day-to-day, and I've noticed a pattern: the seasons change, and I get sick. So maybe it's not MS that's the problem, maybe it's MN. Did I offend Mother Nature somewhere along the way? The prissy bitch. Or maybe they are in cohoots! Yeah, that's the ticket.

Anyway, I should be around more now that it seems Portland's winter is here to stay. We really only have two seasons here in Portland: summer and winter. Sunny in the summer, rainy all winter. I always warn people who want to move out here: if you're likely to get cabin fever or if you hate the rain, Portland is not for you. They don't call us "Puddletown" for nothin'.

Me, I love the rain. And I hated snow, so this was definately the right move for me. People back in Ohio are constantly asking Jonathan and I if we "miss the snow." Are you kidding? One of the reasons we moved in the first place was to get away from those awful Ohio winters. Besides, I am about an hour or so from snow, all year round, on Mount Hood, should I choose to go. In ten years, I never have.

Anyhoo, I will be attempting to answer my backlog of messages and so forth. Thanks to everyone who wrote to check up on me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home