Sunday, May 29, 2005

Music to be Sad & Bitter By

I've had insomnia and a bad flare-up of the neuralgia pain for the past few nights...and it's left me with a lot of time on my hands (as might be obvious by my Book Meme post, lol). I've read several books, watched boring television and last night, burned a few CD's.

I love ballads and sad songs. I always have. So last night, I made the following compilation, a first volume in a bummed-out-moods collection:


I've Had It--Aimee Mann
Johnny Mathis' Feet--American Music Club
Love Song for a Vampire--Annie Lennox
I Can't Make You Love Me--Bonnie Raitt
Leap of Faith--Book of Love
Shivers--Boys Next Door
Rilkean Heart (acoustic version)--Cocteau Twins
New Roses--Die Lady Di
Lost Count--Ebba Forsberg
Little Suicides--Golden Palominos
Very Bad a Bitter Hand--His Name is Alive
Let the Happiness In--The Hope Blister
When I Snap Out of This--Jules Verdone
Love Affair--k.d. lang
This Woman's Work--Kate Bush
Your Ghost--Kristin Hersch
Ex-Factor--Lauryn Hill
Shame--Low
Being Boring--Merril Bainbridge
My Skin--Natalie Merchant


Damn, I'm bored and sick and tired of being sick and tired...

Volume Two:

Innocent Child--Big Audio Dynamite II
Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye--Annie Lennox
Stay--Belly
Make It Home--Juliana Hatfield
I Will Never Be the Same--Melissa Etheridge
Just a Dream--Joe 90
Long Way Down (Look What the Cat Drug In)--Michael Penn
Lady Madelaine--Marianne Faithfull
Apart--The Cure
Reunion--Korea Girl
Jealous Guy--John Lennon
Condemnation (Paris Mix)--Depeche Mode
Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime--Dream Academy
Bizarre Love Triangle--Frente!
Ghost--Indigo Girls
On Your Shore--Enya
It Can't Rain All the Time--Jane Siberry
I Won't Share You--The Smiths

Last one for tonight, then I am going to attempt slumber (wish me luck).
Volume 3:


I'd Die Without You--P.M. Dawn
Forgotten--Ugly Beauty
Somehow We Get There--Melissa Ferrick
On The Stairs--Nicky Holland
Winter Kills--Yaz
The Man With the Child in His Eyes--Kate Bush
Pimmel--Muffs
There's a Place in Hell For Me and My Friends--Morrissey
Everytime You Go Away--Paul Young
But Not For Me--Natalie Merchant
Whirlpool--Seal
Thin Line Between Love and Hate--Pretenders
Condition of the Heart--Prince
Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World--U2
Like a Tattoo--Sade
The Lines of My Earth--Sixpence None the Richer
Winter--Tori Amos
I Want To Live--This Mortal Coil
Czarina--Smashing Pumpkins
Sacrifice--Sinead O'Connor
Two People--Violent Femmes

Wow, I'm not only in a "downer" mood, but in a retro one as well, it seems. So be it...

5 Comments:

At 4:52 AM, Blogger QcynqSWG said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Editor said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home