Sunday, May 29, 2005

Music to be Sad & Bitter By

I've had insomnia and a bad flare-up of the neuralgia pain for the past few nights...and it's left me with a lot of time on my hands (as might be obvious by my Book Meme post, lol). I've read several books, watched boring television and last night, burned a few CD's.

I love ballads and sad songs. I always have. So last night, I made the following compilation, a first volume in a bummed-out-moods collection:


I've Had It--Aimee Mann
Johnny Mathis' Feet--American Music Club
Love Song for a Vampire--Annie Lennox
I Can't Make You Love Me--Bonnie Raitt
Leap of Faith--Book of Love
Shivers--Boys Next Door
Rilkean Heart (acoustic version)--Cocteau Twins
New Roses--Die Lady Di
Lost Count--Ebba Forsberg
Little Suicides--Golden Palominos
Very Bad a Bitter Hand--His Name is Alive
Let the Happiness In--The Hope Blister
When I Snap Out of This--Jules Verdone
Love Affair--k.d. lang
This Woman's Work--Kate Bush
Your Ghost--Kristin Hersch
Ex-Factor--Lauryn Hill
Shame--Low
Being Boring--Merril Bainbridge
My Skin--Natalie Merchant


Damn, I'm bored and sick and tired of being sick and tired...

Volume Two:

Innocent Child--Big Audio Dynamite II
Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye--Annie Lennox
Stay--Belly
Make It Home--Juliana Hatfield
I Will Never Be the Same--Melissa Etheridge
Just a Dream--Joe 90
Long Way Down (Look What the Cat Drug In)--Michael Penn
Lady Madelaine--Marianne Faithfull
Apart--The Cure
Reunion--Korea Girl
Jealous Guy--John Lennon
Condemnation (Paris Mix)--Depeche Mode
Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime--Dream Academy
Bizarre Love Triangle--Frente!
Ghost--Indigo Girls
On Your Shore--Enya
It Can't Rain All the Time--Jane Siberry
I Won't Share You--The Smiths

Last one for tonight, then I am going to attempt slumber (wish me luck).
Volume 3:


I'd Die Without You--P.M. Dawn
Forgotten--Ugly Beauty
Somehow We Get There--Melissa Ferrick
On The Stairs--Nicky Holland
Winter Kills--Yaz
The Man With the Child in His Eyes--Kate Bush
Pimmel--Muffs
There's a Place in Hell For Me and My Friends--Morrissey
Everytime You Go Away--Paul Young
But Not For Me--Natalie Merchant
Whirlpool--Seal
Thin Line Between Love and Hate--Pretenders
Condition of the Heart--Prince
Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World--U2
Like a Tattoo--Sade
The Lines of My Earth--Sixpence None the Richer
Winter--Tori Amos
I Want To Live--This Mortal Coil
Czarina--Smashing Pumpkins
Sacrifice--Sinead O'Connor
Two People--Violent Femmes

Wow, I'm not only in a "downer" mood, but in a retro one as well, it seems. So be it...

19 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger jon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Bud Wiser said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Tom Naka said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger Jim Naka said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger freesxpar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger freesxpar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger monkeyfast said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger monkeyfast said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a lung cancer symptom site. It pretty much covers lung cancer symptom related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

-----------------------------------------------------

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Ray said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Orendon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Water & Fire said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Wheel Chair Center said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering chair friendly in rome site wheel
related stuff. Feel free to visit my chair friendly in rome site wheel
site.

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Informative blog you have here. Here is mine shopping basket

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Editor said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger anju 2016 said...

IPL 2017
IPL 2017 Teams
IPL T20 Live Streaming
IPL Schedule
ipl 2017 schedule
cbse result 2017
happy easter 2017
oscar nominations 2017
oscar winners 2017
sslc result 2017
Kerala HSE Result 2017
Kerala Plus Two Result 2017
lic aao result 2017
jee main result 2017
ssc result 2017
cbse 10th result 2017
gate 2017 result
gate 2017 answer key
jee main 2017 answer key

 

Post a Comment

<< Home