Sunday, December 05, 2004

"Zero Patience" Sighting!

I am a big fan of Broadway and off-Broadway musicals (yes, I know, a punk rock musical nut....I'm wierd, so sue me). Many years ago, at a pawn shop of all places, I found a musical soundtrack I'd never heard of before: "Zero Patience: A Movie Musical About AIDS." It's a BBC presentation. It looked interesting, so I bought it. And LOVED it.

Since then, I've tried to find out more information about the musical, but there is little to be found. I know it concerns the story of "Patient Zero," and the early days of the AIDS hysteria in the gay community. It's apparently not available on DVD in America (although I hope it will be soon; I'd love to see it), and trying to find someone who sells the soundtrack is next to impossible (I've been hoping to pick up another copy for my best friend and fellow muscials enthusiast, Fizz). No such luck.

This morning, however, I had a ZP sighting! I was nursing Eden and watching an old "Kids in the Hall" episode. The skit concerned a gay minister marrying a gay couple, both of whom wore flamboyant hats with veils. Behind the minister was a poster....from "Zero Patience"!

I was thrilled, so I had to share. If any of you get the chance, listen to "Zero Patience." The song "Six or Seven Things" is unbelievably simple, yet gorgeous. And "The Butthole Duet" is hilarious.

And hurrah to "The Kids in the Hall" for promoting the musical!

2 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Pixie LaRouge said...

"I am a big fan of Broadway and off-Broadway musicals (yes, I know, a punk rock musical nut....I'm wierd, so sue me)." So when did I get a twin sister? Why did no one tell me? And, dammit, you've now made me curious enough that I MUST find "Zero Patience," even if it means calling people I never thought I'd long to speak to again. Drat you ;)

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pixie, I am liking you more and more. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home