Wednesday, October 06, 2004

108-Year-Old Man Starts Smoking Again; RIP to 2 Hollywood Legends; Insomnia Again

I came across this article tonight: 108-Year-Old Man Starts Smoking Again. I have three things to say about this:

1) Let him smoke. What's the worst it could do? He's 108. Every day he wakes up is a freaking miracle.

2) Isn't it still illegal to have Havannas in this country? Then again...what could the government do to him? A good lawyer could draw out the trial, and he'd be dead before he'd get convicted, chances are.

3) If he can't afford cigars, he's probably not in a good way, financially. There's probably things he needs MORE than the cigars, wouldn't you imagine? Not that I'm begrudging an old man his fix....hell, he's earned it. Light up, buddy.


RIP, Janet Leigh and Rodney Dangerfield We lost two Hollywood legends in the past two days: "Psycho" star (and mother of Jamie Lee Curtis) Janet Leigh, and "No Respect" comedian Rodney Dangerfield. Rest in peace, guys...and thanks for the screams and laughs.

I'm up all night again....man oh man do I hate insomnia. It's driving me nuts. In any case, it gives me a chance to blog. I've been listening to an old mixed tape I made some years ago, and wanted to share the lyrics of a favorite song of mine with you, one that has always read a bit more like poetry than song lyrics to me:



"LIKE A TATTOO"---by Sade

He told me sweet lies of sweet love
Heavy with the burden of the truth
and he spoke of his dreams
broken by the burden broken
by the burden of his youth
fourteen years, he said
I couldn't look into the sun
she saw him laying
at the end of my gun
hungry for life
and thirsty for the distant river
I remember his hands
and the way the mountains looked
the light shot diamonds from his eyes
hungry for life
and thirsty for the distant river
like the scar of age
written all over my face
the war is still raging inside of me
I still feel the chill
as I reveal my shame to you
I wear it like a tattoo
I wear it like a tattoo
I wear it like a tattoo

1 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Angel Singer said...

Jack....(love the name, by the way):

I think a better name than "blog" could've been found. It sounds so much like "blah."

Hope you resolve the office odor issue...and thanks for stopping by my blah...I mean, blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home