Thursday, August 04, 2005

Checking In

What a week it's been! On Sunday, I turned 31. I had an absolutely wonderful day. I got to sleep in, then we went to our favorite little Italian restaurant for dinner. Jonathan bought me a German chocolate cake, just like my mom used to make for me every year. I also got (in addition to my upcoming tattoo appointment) the DVD of "Greg the Bunny" (another great Fox show they cancelled way too soon) and a big box of chocolates. My dad was being a dick, as usual: he didn't call, and sent me a cheap card with pictures of his latest wedding included. Gee, Dad, what I always wanted: photos of your latest fiasco.

I wasn't about to let that get me down, however. All in all, I had a great birthday and I am looking forward to my tattoo!

On Tuesday, I had yet another dental appointment. I cannot wait for all this to be over and done with. Each appointment aggrivates my trigeminal neuralgia and I end up in great pain. I hate it.

Yesterday, our cat died
(see post below). We had a big cookout planned for this weekend with several of our friends, but we decided to cancel. No one here is in a mood for a party, I'm afraid. She was very old, and it wasn't exactly unexpected...but her loss is felt strongly nonetheless.

I don't know about all you ZPT fans, but I have had quite enough of this damnable heat wave. Bring on fall....please!


'Til next time...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger The Rainbow Zebra said...

(((Hugs)))) I'm so sorry about your cat :(

I'm glad your birthday with your family was nice--can't wait to hear about the latest tattoo ;)

Sending lots of comforting thoughts your way.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Well happy birthday and wishes for many more to come.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Pixie LaRouge said...

Hippy Birf-day! (as DC says) I'm glad it was good. And I'm giddy to hear about your newest tat.

I'm so sorry about the cat. It hurts to lose a family member, no matter how "expected" their loss is.

And, yes, I'm longing for cool. Today the temps are lower, but the humidity is kicking my butt.

Fall! Where are you?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home